- We're having..... a BOY! Theo (Theodore Gideon) is getting bigger, and all the kids have felt him kick now. I'm at 25 weeks or so (can't be troubled to go look it up on my app, haha, and my memory is faulty). Very exciting times here.
- And yes, that means Maranatha is still our sole little pink-wearer. That's OK, it makes for some special times for she and I.... painting our toenails, shopping, sitting quietly, and watching BBC productions. :)
- Do you see our cute kids, all dressed up for the party our church hosts every year? Aren't they precious? Oh, wait, you can't concentrate on them because of the giant "PP" on Doug & I's chests? Yeah, I totally missed that. COMPLETELY, 100% missed it until I looked at the pictures when we got home. *SURPRISE* Hahaha! Anyway, we were black-eyed peas. :) It was supposed to be clever...
- I'm participating this year in NaNoWriMo. Thus the reason I've been so silent here. I'm at word count 14,946 and writing like mad...
- Andrew Murray has been in my head, teaching me more about Abiding in Christ... what that looks like, what it means. It's so central to the Christian life that it kind of shocks me how little I've heard about it through my life. Every day, every moment, deliberately choosing to die to self and examine my life, my choices, my attitude, my prayers, in light of the cross and the Kingdom of God. If you haven't read anything by Andrew Murray, pick a book, any book. One of the most prolific pastor/authors to encourage the Body of Christ, Murray has so many classics worthy of your time: Humility, Abide in Christ, With Christ in the School of Prayer, The Praying Life... and more. And if you have a Kindle, you'll find that many of his works are absolutely free. :) Even better!
- I love this song-- so simple, so true:
- What else to say? Oh- about the election... isn't it wonderful to know that God is sovereign? There is such peace in watching election returns, knowing that God is on His throne, that Jesus is at His right hand, and that the Spirit continues to move in the hearts of men. I will keep on praying for President Obama, as I have for four years, that God will guide him and lead him, that we will be able to live quiet and peaceful lives (1 Timothy 2) and ultimately, that God will be glorified among the nations.
7 Quick Takes Friday - #31
Since it's Friday, and I have some things to say, I'll participate this week in "7 Quick Takes Friday" hosted by Jen over at Conversion Diary. (By the way, if you missed it, be sure to read her recent article: WHY I LOST FAITH IN THE PRO-CHOICE MOVEMENT. It is truly excellent, among the best articles I've read about the abortion issue.)