Psalms, Hymns, & Spiritual Songs: "The LORD Is"

In the last couple of months, as we have driven through the countryside here and have seen shepherds with their flocks, and as I read through "Hinds' Feet on High Places", the picture of God as our Shepherd has become particularly meaningful to me.

Even in this last week, I have seen my own foolish faithlessness answered by His clear ability to provide and surpass every need I have, and even meet desires and bless me above and beyond what I would have thought possible.

Early Tuesday morning, as I drove back from dropping a dear friend off at the airport for her return home to the States, this song came on and it so very perfectly expresses what I have found to be true. I pray that God will keep me at a place of remembering His faithfulness to lead and to shepherd me, even when the way seems unclear, or the answers seem hidden.


"The LORD Is" by Sovereign Grace's Psalms Album

The depths of Your grace who can measure
You fully supply all I need
You restore my weary soul again and again

And lead me in Your righteousness and peace


You’re with me through every dark valley
There’s nothing that I have to fear
You are there to comfort me again and again
Protecting me, assuring me You’re near


The Lord is
The Lord is my shepherd
The Lord is
The Lord is my shepherd
I shall not want

You gave Your own life for my ransom
So I could rejoice at Your side
You have shown Your faithfulness again and again
There’s nothing good that You will not provide

I will dwell in Your house
All the days of my life
I will dwell in Your house
All the days of my life

No comments: