Here's a little info about doTERRA:
- Q: Hi Jessica! Tell me the basics.
- A: DoTERRA is a company that specializes in Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade essential oils. I'd heard about EOs before, but it wasn't until this past summer that I jumped in with both feet and started using them. My husband was hospitalized for 2 weeks with MRSA in his leg which quickly led to Necrotizing Fasciitis. His body wasn't responding to the very strong antibiotics but his kidneys were starting to malfunction. On day 7, the Infectious Disease doctors took him off those medicines. Within a span of 1 hour, I received two e-mails regarding alternative treatment for him using essential oils...doTERRA oils. After several hours of research, I signed up and ordered the Family Physician Kit. In the meantime, I borrowed my Pastor's wife's bottles of On Guard and Oregano, applying both to his feet 3-4 times daily as well as putting the On Guard directly on another infected spot on his knee. We also diffused Peppermint (for nausea) and Lavender (for his restlessness). Five days later, we were on our way home! (I want to say up front that I am NOT A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL!!! Using these is up to my own discretion and would be the same for anyone else. My results don't guarantee the same for others.)
- Q: I use lavender in my bath salts every time I take a bath, and Michael Hyatt talks about doTERRA's oils and how he's made them an every-night part of his bedtime ritual, because of how well they help him relax and sleep. Can you give a few examples of how you use the oils for specific purposes in your home?
- A: We also use Lavender in our children's baths. Lavender also works great on pillows for sleeping; just one or two drops right on the pillow works like a charm! We had the stomach bug invade last week. I applied two drops of the DigestZen blend with 1 drop of Wild Orange applied to my 6 year old's belly and rubbed in a clockwise motion. She was done with the whole thing in less than 3 hours! Melaleuca has also been a huge help...stopped an ear infection (applied to the outside of the ear), dried up facial blemishes, and helped clear up a cold! Lemon dries up our cold sores as well as runny noses when applied to either side of the nose. On Guard is invaluable to prevent and treat symptoms. We roll it on our feet at the beginning of the day. Peppermint to the temples and across the forehead curb headaches.
- Q: If someone is a newbie to essential oils, what would you say are your top 3 "must have" essential oils?
- A: These have changed for me a couple time since this summer! Today I'd say: Melaleuca, Lavender, and Peppermint.
Awesome. Thanks for sharing about doTERRA!
Now, tell us about this GIVEAWAY:
The winner of this giveaway will receive a 15mL bottle (full-sized) of doTERRA Eucalyptus oil.
We have LOVED using this in our home these last few weeks with the change of seasons! A drop on our pillow or wrist at night helps us breathe better from a congested head. A drop put in a steamy shower is a great vaporizer. Rub it on the chest and/or under the nose to open up the nasal passages. You can also make a type of 'inhaler' using your hand cupped around itself with a drop on the fleshy part of your thumb!
Sign up through this toolbox (entries only "count" if entered through the tool):