Just A Quick "Check-In"

In my husband's job, he is already finding it useful to have "daily check-ins" with certain co-workers.  As he makes decisions & plans, the check-in allows both parties to be caught up to speed and get geared up for the coming tasks.

So I'm going to try it here today.  I won't do it daily, LOL-- that would be ironic after the last post saying that I'm considering stopping blogging altogether.  But I mean I want to occasionally use this as a quick pulse-checker that challenges me to press on in a few areas of life.  So here goes; I'm thinking something like this:

  1. What's something I'm thankful for today?
  2. What will I do to learn or grow today?
  3. What's something I need to let go of, or stop doing, today?
  4. What's something God is teaching me right now in my life?
  5. What do I need to focus on, or do, for my family today?

And here are my answers for today-
  1. Thankful?  That we are able to buy a house.  It is a privilege & I'm very excited!
  2. To grow:  Read or listen to 1 John again. 
  3. Need to stop?  I need to stop crafting & pinning crafty ideas on Pinterest until AFTER we move.  It's fine if it has to do specifically with the house, but otherwise, using Pinterest right now is an unnecessary distraction.   I need to be more disciplined about this, particularly this week.
  4. What's God teaching me?  Honestly, I feel like He is teaching me how much my mouth is out of control.  Many times, over the last few months, I've had these moments of saying or writing things that are rude, critical, or impulsive.  When I've so clearly *seen* this happening, I know it must be something God is bringing to my attention.  I really need to be Christ's disciple in this area... to remember that it is what comes out of a person that defiles.
  5. For Doug-  Pull together our documents, information, etc., for the loan officer.  I also need to fold the mountain of laundry on our LR chairs so he won't be struggling to find things to wear later in the week.  For the kids-  I need to do a circle time & letter-of-the-day with the little ones today, let Baxter read out loud to me for at least 15 minutes, and spend time doing something active together with with Ethan.



Want to "check in"?  You can do it in the comments, or on your own blog (just leave a link!).  :)  Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

Sanders said...

I just wanted to say I am glad you're not giving up the blog all together! I would really really miss you!

Anonymous said...

Ditto! I hope you don't stop blogging. I really love your perspective and also all the great links you sometimes post! Congratulations on the home purchase!!