Bible Verses About Contentment


The character in Hinds' Feet on High Places starts out her allegorical journey with the name "Much Afraid", but after learning to run and leap and jump through the mountain crags all the way up to the heights, meets with her Shepherd who gives her a new name-- "Contentment with Joy". I would love for contentment to be a strong theme of my life; too often, I don't have that attitude.

The other day, I searched for the word "content" through the Bible. Here are some of the more meaningful Scriptures I found:

"Moses was content to dwell with the man, and he gave Moses his daughter Zipporah." ~Exodus 2:21

"Because he knew no contentment in his belly, he will not let anything in which he delights escape him. There was nothing left after he had eaten; therefore his prosperity will not endure." ~Job 20:20-21

"Do not extort money from anyone by threats or by false accusation, and be content with your wages." ~Luke 3:14



"For the sake of Christ, then I am content with weakness, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong." ~2 Corinthians 12:10


"I have learned in whatever situation I am, to be content." ~Philippians 4:11

"There is great gain in godliness with contentment." ~1 Timothy 6:6

"If we have food and clothing, with these we will be content." ~1 Timothy 6:8

"Keep your life free from the love of money, and be content with what you have, for He has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you.' " Hebrews 13:5


God, help me to be content with both the blessings and challenges You've seen fit to place in my life. Thank you for all that you give us; help me to increase in my gratitude to You.

5 comments:

Renee said...

BEAUTIFUL!~

Rightthinker said...

Wonderfully True..

Ruth said...

Precious pictures!

OurCrazyFarm said...

God is teaching us to be content with a son in heaven. Your reminders were so perfect today. Thanks for sharing! Terri

Ruby said...

I've been struggling very much with this lately. As our family expands & prices go up, money & this house get tighter! I begin to see blessings as burdens & God's provision as not good enough. Truly, though, we are so blessed as there is always enough if we are wise stewards. Thanks for the reminder.