Sewing Machine-- DEAL TODAY

Many of you have asked me over the years how I got my sewing machine. We bought it, years ago... 4? 5? ... through an Amazon daily deal just like this one, happening 9/30/13:



Mine is a slightly different - but similar - Singer sewing machine model. This is an incredible deal-- a $300 sewing machine for only $129.99. After today, the price goes to $164.99, which is still a great deal compared to the list price of $299.99. This one comes with an instructional DVD (mine didn't), 100 stitch options, and 10 different presser feet.

Anyway, this is how I got my sewing machine, and I'm so glad I did... I've used it countless times for things like making dresses for my daughter and her dolls, but also for simple things like pillow/cushion repairs, hemming pants, and fixing straps on messenger bags.  This summer, my daughter and I held our own "Project Runway" for her dolls, where we designed outfits for them, and then sewed them, using up our in-house scrap materials and giving her some new doll clothes, while giving me low-risk practice in trying to work with different fabrics and styles.

If you're in the market for, or have been holding out for a good deal on, a sewing machine, this one's a steal. The daily deal price is only good for today- September 30th.

No comments: