- We made over 300 Christmas cookies this week, and today, just now in fact, we delivered them all to neighbors. I'm trying not to eat them, cause technically, I shouldn't until tomorrow and Sunday, but man, they're good. And cute too.
- OK, yeah, I hinted at it up there in #1, but I'm still doing the No S Diet, and loving it. I think I'm down a few pounds, but I don't have a scale to know for certain. But my clothes are looser and I'm happy. This is the most sensible "diet" I've ever heard of. Really, it's not a diet. It's just basically "Self Control and Common Sense 101". And yes, I think even with the occasional Christmas-cookie-slip-up, it's really reasonable for holiday times too.
- My 4 year old daughter calls both Zaccheus AND Ikea "I-kee-us". I am fairly confident that she realizes that they are not the same thing, but nevertheless, both are "I-kee-us". Why you need to know this I have no idea, but there it is.
- This year, we traded in our 2-foot-tall tabletop Christmas tree for a free-to-us (including multi-colored twinkle lights!!!--YAY!) proper 5-foot tree. But it started out very, very, uh, bare. Last week, (which we'll affectionately title, "every-single-person-in-our-family-got-the-croup-except-my-husband-wonder-how-he-avoided-it-must-be-those-GNC-vitamins-week") we watched a ton of movies and I made about thirty gazillion ornaments. Little squeezable soccer ball toys got covered with fabric and beads... leftover yarn from "Violet's" blanket became 4 star ornaments and 8 stuffed ball ornaments a la Attic24... I even felt like the origami queen there for a day or so. And I used old ribbon stashes to make a chain garland. And now we have quite the homespun tree... the kids are quite enamored with it.
- Speaking of Ikea, we live close to one, and we occasionally stop in for a cheap and easy lunch: hot dogs. We joke that the kids will one day make it to adulthood and wonder why anyone would buy furniture from a place that sells hotdogs. Anyone else a fan of cheap food at Ikea?
- I've done some reading this year, but not as much as in years past... I'm also in the middle (currently) of about 10 books or so... what about you? Any great books to recommend? I read some that were OK, some that weren't so great, and re-read quite a few this year. I'd love to hear from you about great things you're reading.
- Just came across this video: What if Joseph and Mary were on Facebook?
Best wishes for a great Christmas holiday to you and your family. Here's hoping you avoid sickness and make some special memories with your family!