A LITTLE OF THIS, A LITTLE OF THAT:
- Are you a new Christian? Take 3 minutes to listen to the wisdom of J. I. Packer, a jolly old saint.
- What's the value of a life?
- What it's like to grow old
- Voddie Baucham considers the oft-offered commentary on one biblical example: Was the Proverbs 31 Woman a "Career" Gal?
- How to be a reader when you can't afford books
- 101 tips for improving your photography skills
- Even Slate.com (a very liberal online newssource) sees that prenatal medical diagnoses are ethical quicksand.
- Spend your time cultivating a beautiful spirit-- because even beautiful models aren't externally "perfect" enough for magazines.
- Whatcha watchin? Oh be careful, little eyes, what you see!
- Should Christians care about the environment? Randy Alcorn weighs in.
- The top TEN science hoaxes of all time-- interesting that the first two have to do with evolution, a foregone but unproven conclusion in our day and age
- In church, in life, in relationship with Christ, are you LEANING IN like the example of this precious older Christian woman?
- A great article from my precious friend (and new mom, for the 13th time) Renee... how the growth of a child's affections and relationships can affect their physical growth-- very interesting & with visual proof in her own family!
- The debauchery of American womanhood... an excellent read... sorry in advance to those who may be offended by the picture at the top.
- Comedian Steve Harvey recognizes the hazards of reckless dating.
- Interesting: Traditional engagement process in India (with pictures!)
- Janel shares from experience some practical wisdom about dealing with difficult people! (more specifically, dealing with difficult Christians.)
- Got an hour & 15 minutes? Packed with expert testimony & information, this video is worth watching: "The Great Global Warming Swindle"
- Great tips all in one place about preparing your garden/pots for planting. (And hey, the Obamas are doing it too!)
- How to make compost. (Yes, I'm growing things on my new balcony... and yes, I'm trying composting out this year, for the first time in about 5 years.)
- ALL About Compost
AROUND THE HOUSE:
- Christian hospitality is different from being a friendly Martha Stewart
- Facing laundry problems
- Simple way to save some serious $$$- Use less of everything!
- Something to consider: Are You Worldly?
- Using Cloth Diapers, One Year Later-- Mary Grace shares many of my same observations, although I'm probably less cheerful in my pro-cloth-ness than she. I still haven't found the motivation to jump back in after taking a few months' break, but maybe soon... I sure did enjoy them when he was itty bitty.
COOK UP SOMETHING TASTY:
- 100 Meals for less than $10
- Bethany's Dulce de Leche Cheesecake sounds amazing!!!
- Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Cake doesn't sound too shabby either.
THOUGHTS ON CHILD REARING:
- What's the "Best Start" for any baby? (Hint: this has absolutely nothing to do with breastfeeding/bottlefeeding!)
- Just because kids are obedient does not mean they're "easy".
- One approach to family devotionals
- Is college a waste of money for most people? Maybe... consider it for yourself.
- Another thing to potentially prepare your kids for: Gender-Neutral College Housing (i.e., assigned co-ed rooms)
- Dealing with/parenting a rowdy boy? Be encouraged!
- My friend Carletta has put together a free e-book: 101 Ways to Save Money Homeschooling
- Know your state's homeschool laws.
- 10 famous people who were homeschooled
- Grandparents can play a part in homeschooling!
- One family's "Why We Homeschool"-- worth the read!
- Praise God the for freedoms we enjoy in America... and pray that nothing will trespass on these rights.
CONCERNING MARITAL INTIMACY:
- Love your man: INITIATE!!! (sorry, this link no longer works... but nonetheless-- Initiate with your husband. Write a text, grab him from behind and give him a hug and mention something about "later tonight," LET HIM KNOW that you love him and desire him!)
- While enjoying time with him, FOCUS!
- TAKE BABY STEPS towards more free & fun intimacy with your husband!
- Kelly reviewed Dr. Leman's chapter in "Sheet Music" about oral sex in the Christian marriage
- AND she has another great post that brings out some interesting highlights about the differences between men & women and how they affect marital intimacy.
- Christian Sexuality series from Capitol Hill BC... awesome stuff!
FOR WOMEN ONLY (REALLY!!!)-- WHAT I'D LOVE TO TELL YOU BUT HAVEN"T HAD THE GUTS TO DO A SEPARATE POST ABOUT:
- Natural Feminine Products ROCK! Really.
- Don't just take my word for it. Read this quite detailed review of The Diva Cup from another blogger: Frugal Menstruation. Read more reviews. And one more honest review.
- Are you serious, Jess? What are some reasons why anyone would use natural feminine products? Glad you asked. Click on that link and quit balking. Less money, no odor, no spills, more discretion, no trash, no bulky supplies to tote around... really, the better question is why aren't YOU using them???? :)
- Click here to read more answers to commonly asked questions about the DivaCup.
- I'll help you out: here's where you can buy a DivaCup for even less.
- Concerning negative blog comments, I can't tell you how many times I've thought similar things to the things Elizabeth expresses here.
- If you were one of those interested in reading about the book reviews as I finish my 2009 reading list, don't forget to check out my ever-updating book review post.
THE SHOW & TELL WRAP-UP: Good for a laugh!
- Are you a Chick-Fil-A junkie? You need to hear this song if you haven't yet.
- Even in politics, amidst real & undeniable political changes, some things don't change. (A great, and amazingly similar, comparison of new & old presidents.)
- Judging people who use the Table of Contents in their Bible - hysterical! It IS tough to find Nahum. :)