- Can I implore you to start one morning of your holiday with these scrumptious muffins? She calls them "French Breakfast Puffs"... Doug & I agreed this morning that our name for them is going to be "Sopaipilla Muffins" (after the delicious cinnamon-sugar coated Mexican dessert). They are sinfully delicious in every possible way. If you make these, your taste buds will rise up and call you blessed.
I'm serious. I don't think I've ever made a better breakfast. Ever. Are you on your way to your kitchen? You should be.
- My fun friend over at Musings of a Housewife has put together a lovely Homemade Piecrust Making Lesson.
- Maybe you haven't wrapped your gifts yet? Consider this great and cute idea for reusable Christmas wrapping.
- My gift to you: FREE SEWING PATTERNS. If you visit this site, and create a username, you can print out thousands of free patterns that are precious and useful and unique. Merry Christmas, my sewing friends!
- Still waiting around for my "Redesign Your Blog" how-to-do-html post? Please forgive me for not having gotten to that sooner-- my language lessons started up a couple weeks ago (I'm learning Turkish), we've been tidying up because we'll be traveling for much of the month of January, and with Christmas goings-on, well, it just hasn't happened. I'll try and revisit it next week, before we leave. In the meantime, here's a great post that can give you other tips on how to improve your blog: 15 Powerful Ways to Differentiate Your Blog From the Crowd.
- Take this holiday season to get some sleep. Improve your health, have more energy, and help the environment by getting the right amount of sleep.
- SECULAR THOUGHTS ON HEAVEN: Liberal LA Times columnist Joel Stein got quoted on the back of a Starbucks cup. Here's the quote:
Heaven is totally overrated. It seems boring. Clouds, listening to people play the harp. It should be somewhere you can't wait to go, like a luxury hotel. Maybe blue skies and soft music were enough to keep people in line in the 17th century, but Heaven has to step it up a bit. They're basically getting by because they only have to be better than Hell.Something interesting is that this (clouds, harps, boring) is the way many Christians see Heaven, which is completely unbiblical, but gives clear reason for why so few Christians are excited about eternity with Christ.
In response to Stein's coffee cup quote, he received five copies of Randy Alcorn's book, Heaven, from five different Christians. Because of that response, Stein called Alcorn. You might be interested to read about the outcome of that conversation. Here's Alcorn's blogpost about their conversation, and here's Stein's follow-up article about Heaven. You should read both.
By the way, if you haven't read Randy Alcorn's book, Heaven, or you find yourself feeling similar to how Stein feels about Heaven, BUY AND READ the book. It will give you so much biblical insight, encouragement, and excitement about eternity.
- The European Union Will Improve the English Language.
- The Homeschooler's Wish List. Hilarious tongue-in-cheek responses to the ridiculous questions we homeschoolers get asked by friends and strangers alike.
- Cletus Take the Reel- A pretty silly parody of "Jesus Take the Wheel" (ht: Josh Harris, via Doug- thanks darlin!)
- Perhaps someone you know needs to visit a shrink. Can I recommend this one?
I pray that this holiday time will be a time for gathering with those that you love to celebrate the amazing miracle of Christ come to earth. What an amazing thing it is that the God of all the world came and became human, in order that we might have eternal life. May this be a precious time for you and your family.
MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all!