The Jesus-Centered Home #2: Songs of Praise

I want to be an encouragement to you by sharing with you what I'm doing as we walk alongside each other, striving for Jesus-centered homes. What a great thing it is to start the day off with praises lifted to God. This could be something unintentional (I often sing while I'm going around the house, and the boys will join in from time to time), or it can be an intentional way to begin your day. One intentional and wonderful way that you can do this is by using...

PRAISE & WORSHIP DVDs
These pre-recorded videos featuring various worship songs are great to get the entire family praising and in a pleasant frame of mind to begin the day. I love Hillsong DVDs, but I'm sure you can find others... if you don't know what I'm talking about, go to your music minister or to a local Christian bookstore, and find some good videos with God-honoring praise music. This is an excellent way to start your day off right. In our home, we try to do this several days a week. I just can't tell you how different our days go when we've started the day out worshiping the Lord. Try it and you'll see what I mean.


2 comments:

Christina said...

Thanks for sharing this! We just discovered Hillsong and my husband especially enjoys their music. I think we'll try your idea out.

God has laid you on my heart today to pray for you and your family. Do you have any specific requests?

Jess Connell said...

Wow, thanks so much Christina. You know, Doug just left yesterday for his appointment that we've been waiting for for almost 2 months. I would appreciate being lifted up as I deal with the children alone this week (that I would be patient, kind, and gentle with them), and that the doctors will have clear insight into Doug's problems, and be able to diagnosis and treat whatever it is.

Thank you so much! I am amazed at the care the Father gives to us during difficult times!